Freitag, 21. September 2012

HobbyKing Mini Quadcopter Frame V1

I am pretty interested in quadcopters / multicopters. I'm more interested in the theory (software development, feedback control of orientation etc.) than in flying. I'm starting slowly, right now I gather infomation and equipment. (About which I - hopefully - will write more soon.)

That's why I bought this really cheap wooden quadcopter frame from hobbyking.com.
Assembly was quite easy, but still there are some minor pitfalls.

Most important: The arms have two notches each at the inner end. Two pairs are facing upwards, two of them are facing downwards. Check to use side pieces which belong together.

You will need some appropriate glue (I used waterpoof wood glue).

There are 8 "feet" for four arms. You need to take two feet for each arm. See second picture.

Total weight after assembly: 100g (including a bunch of wood glue)

Assembly time: I watched two episodes of "The Big Bang Theory".

One big mess. You will have to cut out some of the holes yourself.

Chech the notches at the end!

Done

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen